Hélène Gelas is a partner primarily involved in the energy sector.
With a doctorate in law, Hélène works mainly in the field of energy, the environment and urban planning. She counsels and litigates for French and international major groups and small and medium enterprises and also participates in audits or litigation, in the development of renewable energy projects including wind farms, photovoltaic, hydraulic, marine or biomass.
In particular, she advises them on aspects of urban planning, environmental law and energy law (connections and the compulsory purchase system).
Moreover, she has developed considerable know-how on large-scale development projects that challenge all of her areas of specialisation, in particular authorisations for commercial exploitation and urban planning, expropriation or environment law. Hélène regularly leads training courses and seminars on these subjects.
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- Chambers Europe 2019: recognized in the category Projects & Energy : Domestic (Band 3)
- Legal 500 EMEA 2019: ranked individually („next generation lawyers“) in the category Energy Regulatory
- Legal 500 EMEA 2019: recognized in the category Environnement (Tier 1)
- Legal 500 EMEA 2019: recognized in the category Energy (Tier 2)
- Legal 500 EMEA 2019: recognized in the category Administrative and public law (Tier 3)
- Décideurs 2019: recognized in the category Town Planning and development (Excellent 2), Renewable energies (Outstanding), Environment (Excellent), classified installations (Excellent), sites and polluted soils (Outstanding), and in the categories Waste, Water act, Public domain, Regulatory, Litigation (Excellent)
- Law Trophies 2019: gold trophy in the category Environment
- Le Point 2019: recognized in the category Environment among the best law firms in France