Hélène Gelas is a partner primarily involved in the energy sector.
With a doctorate in law, Hélène works mainly in the field of energy, the environment and urban planning. She counsels and litigates for French and international major groups and small and medium enterprises and also participates in audits or litigation, in the development of renewable energy projects including wind farms, photovoltaic, hydraulic, marine or biomass.
In particular, she advises them on aspects of urban planning, environmental law and energy law (connections and the compulsory purchase system).
Moreover, she has developed considerable know-how on large-scale development projects that challenge all of her areas of specialisation, in particular authorisations for commercial exploitation and urban planning, expropriation or environment law. Hélène regularly leads training courses and seminars on these subjects.
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- Best Lawyers in France 2021: ranked individually in Administrative Law
- Law Trophies 2020: gold trophy in the category Renewable Energy Law
- Chambers Europe 2020:
– ranked individually in Projects & Energy : Domestic (Band 2)
– Environment (Band 1)
– Projects & Energy : Domestic (Band 3)
- Legal 500 EMEA 2020:
– Environment (Tier 1)
– Energy (Tier 2)
– Administrative and public law (Tier 3)
- Le Point 2020: recognized in Environment among the best law firms in France
- Legal 500 EMEA 2019: ranked individually („next generation lawyers“) in the category Energy Regulatory
- Décideurs 2019: recognized in
– Renewable energies (Outstanding)
– sites and polluted soils (Outstanding)
– Town Planning and development (Excellent 2)
– Environment (Excellent)
– classified installations (Excellent)
– Waste, Water act, Public domain, Regulatory, Litigation (Excellent)
- Law Trophies 2019: gold trophy in Environment