Rym Loucif heads the Corporate and M&A practice of the Algiers office
Rym Loucif’s practice encompasses all aspects of corporate law. She has large experience in advising international groups regarding cross-border mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, as well as in competition law.
Rym Loucif has developed particular expertise in the field of energy (Oil and Gas) and she is involved in both transactional and regulatory aspects of a wide array of energy-related projects (M&A, financing).
She has gained extensive experience in relation to several regulated sectors, such as the automotive sector or in healthcare matters. In particular, she assisted the Algerian Competition Council in connection with a study on the medicinal products market for a competition diagnosis.
Rym Loucif is a specialist of the investment law as she intervenes as expert as part of the EU-OECD Programme on Promoting Investment in the Mediterranean which aims at supporting efforts to boost the quality and quantity of investment to and within the Mediterranean region.
Admitted to the Paris Bar in 2006, Rym Loucif did all her studies at Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II) and received in 2004 her Master of Laws (LL.M) in Business and Tax Law. She is also graduated from King’s College London in EU Competition Law.
Prior to joining LPA-CGR avocats, Rym Loucif practiced within the Algiers office of Gide. She also spent more than six years at leading US law firms (Willkie Farr and Gibson Dunn) in Paris where she developed her corporate and M&A experience.
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- Legal 500 EMEA 2020 (Algeria):
– individually ranked (Leading individual) in Commercial, Corporate and M&A
– individually ranked (Leading individual) in Foreign Firms
– Commercial, Corporate and M&A (Tier 2)
– Energy (Tier 2)
– Foreign Firms (Tier 3)
- Chambers Global 2020 (Algeria):
– individually ranked (Band 2) in the category Corporate/Commercial : international firms
– Corporate/Commercial : international firms (Band 2)
- IFLR 1000 2020 (Algeria):
– Financial and corporate (Tier 3)
– Project development (Tier 3)
- ranked (rising star) in Project (oil & gas)
– individualy ranked (rising star) in Corporate / M&A
- Décideurs 2019:
– Africa Desk – Corporate / M&A
– Africa Desk – TMT
– Africa Desk – Natural resources and renewable energies