[Smart News] New rules easing foreign investment in China
Traditionally, the establishment of a subsidiary in the People’s Republic of China (called a foreign invested enterprise, or “FIE”) is a long and burdensome administrative process.
New rules, which became effective in October 2016, introduce a major change by replacing, for most industries, the old system of mandatory prior review and approval of the project by the Ministry of Commerce (“MOFCOM”) by a simple filing system.
Below is a summary of the key points of this new FIE filing regime.
- Removal of market entry approval for FIE’s incorporation
- Scope of the reform
- Application of the recording regime to corporate changes of FIEs
- Effective date for corporate changes
- Less documents, more information required
- Conclusion: Is the reform a real game changer?
To read all the smart news click here