Xavier Clédat is a partner in commercial and financial litigation
Xavier works in the field of business litigation. He counsels a number of French and foreign companies in their pre-litigation or litigation, in particular in the contractual and commercial matters (break-off of negotiations, contractual breaches, break-off of commercial relations, distribution network issues) or in the context of disputes relating to company governance such as shareholder disputes or governance issues.
He often works on files involving unfair competition or practices restricting free competition. In the financial sphere, Xavier regularly advises banks and financial intermediaries in cases where they are held liable for failing to fulfil their obligations to advise or inform.
Xavier has in-depth experience in the practices of the French courts.
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- Chambers Europe 2019: individually ranked in the category Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Chambers Europe 2019: recognized in the category Dispute Resolution: Litigation (Band 2)
- Legal 500 Paris 2018: recognized in the category Commercial Litigation and Corporate Law
- Option Droit & Affaires 2017: Recognized in the categories Defective Products and Loss Litigation, Acquisition Litigation and Financial, Stock Exchange and AMF [French market authority]
- Décideurs 2017: Recognized in the category Africa Desk – Litigation and Arbitration