LPA-CGR avocats is a leading full-service French law firm with an international reach born in 2016 from the merger of Lefèvre Pelletier & associés and CGR Legal. Our teams of over 230 lawyers and professionals in 13 offices located in key business centers advise you locally and abroad on your strategic projects. We would like to share with you our Smart Law concept: combining our experiences to anticipate changes in your legal environment to develop and secure your business.
Mission & Values
In 2020, our firm was one of the first law firms to adopt a mission Creating together a new equilibrium. This mission, together with our 3 values: Commitment, Openness, Collectiveness, constitute our corporate charter. LPA-CGR avocats' corporate charter also guides the firm's CSR approach.
Commitment is a state of mind. Commitment means being involved in your work and your company. We are convinced that a strong commitment within our teams and towards our clients is a vector of trust and makes working relationships more effective.
Openness means embracing the complexity of a changing world. It is a guarantee of adaptation and innovation. Being curious, listening to others and to the evolution of our environment, allows us to gain perspective and to encourage new initiatives.
The collectiveness is a coherent group of individuals. Each of us has a role to play, objectives to achieve, in order to carry out our many projects together. The collective interest takes precedence over the individual interest.
LPA-CGR avocats celebrates its 40th anniversary.
LPA-CGR avocats wons the Gold Trophy for Best CSR Strategy at the Trophées du Droit ceremony organised by Leaders League.
LPA-CGR avocats was awarded the Trophée d’Or in the “Best law firm strategy” category at the Trophées du Droit ceremony organised by Leaders League.
LPA-CGR avocats adopts a corporate charter and publishes a new CSR report
LPA-CGR avocats strengthens its ties in Germany in an alliance with the law firm GGV to become the first French law firm with 3 offices in Frankfurt, Hamburg and Munich
LPA-CGR avocats establishes its Singapore office.
2016LPA and CGR Legal merge to form
LPA-CGR avocats, one of the largest
business law firms in France.
2016LPA opens its offices in Tokyo,
Douala/Yaoundé and Dubai.
LPA establishes its Munich office.
LPA establishes its reputation
as a pioneer, opening offices in Algiers,
then Casablanca and Shanghai.
Creation of the CGR Legal firm.
Beginning of international expansion
with the opening of an office in Hong Kong.
Merger of the two firms,
creating Lefèvre Pelletier & associés
Simultaneous creation of the Lefèvre associés
and Pelletier associés firms
Our firm is recognised as one of the best law firms by numerous French and international professional publications.
In 2023, LPA-CGR avocats was ranked by Legal 500 EMEA among the top law firms in the following categories:
Tier 1 :
Tier 2 :
- Real Estate
Tier 3 :
- Administrative and public law
- Industry Focus : IT and Internet
- Intellectual Property: Copyright
In addition to numerous individual rankings, several of our practices have once again been recognized by inChambers & Partners Europe 2023 rankings:
- Band 1: Environment
- Band 2
– Corporate/M&A : Mid-Market
– Projects & Energy : Domestic
- Band 3: Real Estate
- Band 4:
In addition to numerous individual rankings, LPA-CGR lawyers’ MENA (Middle East and North Africa) expertise is recognised in the Chambers Global 2023 guide in the category Corporate/Commercial: International Firms (Algeria) – Band 2.
In 2023, LPA-CGR avocats received the Gold Trophy in the category «Best CSR strategy» on the occasion of the Law Trophies organized by Leaders League.
In 2023, LPA-CGR avocats received the Gold Trophy in the category «Renewable Energy Law» on the occasion of the Law Trophies organized by Leaders League.
In 2023, LPA-CGR avocats received the Gold Trophy in the category «Real Estate – Lease Law» on the occasion of the Law Trophies organized by Leaders League.
In 2023, LPA-CGR avocats received the Gold Trophy in the category « Africa Desk – Energy & Infrastructure» on the occasion of the Law Trophies organized by Leaders League.
In 2022, LPA-CGR avocats was ranked among the best law firms in the Le Point ranking, particularly in the following categories
- Real estate law (5 stars)
- Environmental law (5 stars)
- Urban planning law (5 stars, entry in 2022)
- Commercial, business and competition law (4 stars)
In 2021 LPA-CGR avocats received the Gold Trophy in the category “Best law firm strategy” on the occasion of the Law Trophies organized by Leaders League
In 2021 LPA-CGR avocats received the Gold Trophy in the category “Real Estate operations, transactions and financings” on the occasion of the Law Trophies organized by Leaders League
In 2021 LPA-CGR avocats received the Gold Trophy in the category “Urban planning and development” on the occasion of the Law Trophies organized by Leaders League
LPA-CGR avocats is ranked in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers in France.
The firm has 24 lawyers ranked in this edition, including 3 new entries.
LPA-CGR avocats was ranked among the top law firms in the following categories:
- Public Law : Urban planning
- Public Law : Land management
- Energy & environment : Environmental litigation
- Energy & environment : Waste management law
- Energy & environment : Classified installations for environmental protection, polluted sites and soil, industrial wastelands
- Energy & environment : Renewable energy law
- Energy & environment : Energy: market regulation
- Real estate litigation
- Real estate transactions – investment
- Promotion & Construction : Real estate development
- Taxation of associations and non-profit organizations
- Transaction tax
- Real estate tax
- Public Law : Local authority & mixed economy
- Public Law : Public domain
- Public Law : Market regulation
- Public Law : Administrative contracts and related litigation
- Public Law : Urban commercial planning
- Labor & Employment : Social compliance
- Labor & Employment : Mobility and expatriation
- Labor & Employment : Social management of M&As and social audits
- Labor & Employment : Collective bargaining and social relations
- Mergers & acquisitions : Operations worth between €75m & €500m
- Energy & environment : Water and sanitation law
- Wealth tax
- Real estate transactions – financing
- Real estate : Tenancy law
- Promotion & construction : Advising and contracts (markets and construction)
- Promotion & construction : Construction litigation (including insurance)
- Restructuring & insolvency : Directory of companies and shareholders – Small and Mid caps
- Industrial risks & liability litigation : Civil liability and financial risk
- Industrial risks & liability litigation : Claims and insurance litigation
LPA-CGR avocats was ranked among the top law firms in the following category:
- ITR World Tax (Tier 2)
- General corporate tax
- Transactional tax
- Tax Controversy
- Real Estate
- World TP 2022 (Tier 3)
- Transfer pricing
LPA-CGR avocats was ranked in the Option Droit & Affaires :
3 stars :
- Defective goods and claims litigation
- Employment protection plan and related collective litigation
- Transactional Tax
- Mergers and Acquisitions > 200 M€
The Magazine des Affaires publishes its ranking of legal advisers. Our firm is ranked in the following categories:
- Energy greenfield: 1st place in volume and 6th place in value;
- Infrastructure greenfield: 2nd place in volume;
- Infrastructure brownfield: 1st place in volume;
- Refinancing: 3rd place by volume and 4th place by value.
- Infrastructure Africa: 10th place by volume
LPA-CGR avocats is ranked in the Top 15 among the 50 best french law firms . This ranking realized by Décideurs classified the French law firms according to the turnover .