- M&A and Corporate law
Michael Samol, partner in Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Law and member of our German Desk.
Michael works on transactions, mostly with an international dimension. He advises French and foreign, notably German speaking companies, on their operations in France, as well as French companies on their operations abroad. He advises on M&A (including private equity and distressed M&A), domestic and cross-border restructurings as well as cooperation projects and joint-ventures.
Michael started his career more than fifteen years ago with Clifford Chance (Paris, Düsseldorf and Frankfurt offices) where he worked for more than ten years. He was seconded for more than a year to Airbus Group. Before joining LPA-CGR avocats, he was counsel at the French law firm Jeantet.
Michael holds a postgraduate degree in International trade law and a Master’s degree in Business law from the French University of Paris X Nanterre and also holds an Erstes und Zweites Juristisches Staatsexamen (Potsdam and Düsseldorf) in German law.
AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS
- Best Lawyers in France: individually ranked in Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Chambers Europe (France): Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market (Band 2)
- Chambers Global (Germany): Corporate/M&A – Expertise based abroad (Spotlight)
- Legal 500 EMEA (France): Mergers and acquisitions (Tier 4)
- Décideurs: Mergers & acquisitions: Transactions between €75 & €500 million (Excellent)
- Trophées du Droit: gold trophy in Renewable Energy Law (2023)
- Option Droit & Affaires:
– Mergers and Acquisitions > 200 M€ (3 stars)
– Capital innovation
– LBOs between €50 million and €300 million
– LBO – Advising management teams
- IFLR1000 (France): Mergers & Acquisitions