Romain Berthon, partner, residing in Casablanca for 12 years, is active in real estate and business law
Romain Berthon has significant experience in real estate law and I business law, for more than 15 years, in particular in Africa, where he has already worked in several countries: Algeria, Cameroun, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Nigeria and Senegal.
His clientele – owners, investors, users or professionals – is institutional. He works on various assets: offices, shopping malls, clinics, mixed-use complexes, schools, hotels, plants (automotive, aeronautic), housing, new cities, etc.
He assists his clients in structuring transactions, their implementation and their life: asset’s purchasing and financing, design and construction of buildings, marketing, operation, restructuring and litigation.
He devotes part of his time to social life in Morocco, including as giving courses and lectures in law.
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- Best Lawyers in France 2022: ranked individually in Real Estate
- Trophées du Droit 2021: Gold Trophy in Real Estate operations, transactions and financings
- Legal 500 EMEA 2021 (Morocco):
– individually ranked (Leading individual) in Real Estate and Tourism
– Real Estate and Tourism (Tier 1)
- Chambers Global 2021 (Morocco):
– individually ranked (Band 1) in Real Estate and Construction
– recognized in Real Estate and Construction (Band 2)
- Décideurs 2021:
– Africa Desk – International arbitration and litigation
– Africa Desk – Corporate / M&A
– Real estate transactions – investment (Excellent)
- Magazine des affaires 2021: ranked in the Infrastructure Palmarès: Africa
- Legal 500 EMEA 2020 (Morocco): Banking, finance and capital markets (Tier 2)
- Trophées du droit 2020: Silver trophy in Real Estate transactions: investment
- Le Point 2020: recognized among the best law firms in France in Real Estate