Romain Berthon, partner, residing in Casablanca for 12 years, is active in real estate and business law
Romain Berthon has significant experience in real estate law and I business law, for more than 15 years, in particular in Africa, where he has already worked in several countries: Algeria, Cameroun, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Nigeria and Senegal.
His clientele – owners, investors, users or professionals – is institutional. He works on various assets: offices, shopping malls, clinics, mixed-use complexes, schools, hotels, plants (automotive, aeronautic), housing, new cities, etc.
He assists his clients in structuring transactions, their implementation and their life: asset’s purchasing and financing, design and construction of buildings, marketing, operation, restructuring and litigation.
He devotes part of his time to social life in Morocco, including as giving courses and lectures in law.
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- Legal 500 EMEA 2020 (Morocco):
– individually ranked (Leading individual) in Real Estate and Tourism
– Real Estate and Tourism (Tier 1)
– Banking, finance and capital markets (Tier 2)
- Trophées du droit 2020: Silver trophy in Real Estate transactions: investment
- Chambers Global 2020 (Morocco):
– individually ranked (Band 1) in Real Estate and Construction
– recognized in Real Estate and Construction (Band 2)
- Le Point 2020: recognized among the best law firms in France in Real Estate
- Legal 500 EMEA 2019 (Morocco):
– Commercial, Corporate and M&A (Tier 3)
– Dispute resolution (Tier 3)
- Décideurs 2019:
– Real estate transactions – investment (Excellent)
– Africa Desk – Corporate / M&A