Romain Berthon, partner, residing in Casablanca for 12 years, is active in real estate and business law
Romain Berthon has significant experience in real estate law and in business law, for more than 15 years, in particular in Africa, where he has already worked in several countries: Algeria, Cameroun, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Nigeria and Senegal.
His clientele – owners, investors, users or property professionals – is institutional. He works on various assets: offices, shopping malls, clinics, mixed-use complexes, schools, hotels, plants (automotive, aeronautic), housing, new cities, etc.
He assists his clients in structuring transactions, their implementation and their life: asset’s purchasing and financing, design and construction of buildings, marketing, operation, restructuring and litigation.
He devotes part of his time to social life in Morocco, including as giving courses and lectures in law.
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- Best Lawyers in France: individually ranked in Real Estate Law
- Chambers Europe: Real Estate (Band 3)
- Chambers Global (Morocco):
– individually ranked (Band 1) in Real Estate and Construction
– Real Estate and Construction (Band 2)
– Corporate and Commercial (Band 3)
- Legal 500 EMEA (France): Real Estate (Tier 2)
- Legal 500 EMEA (Morocco):
– individually ranked (Leading individual) in Toursim and Real Estate
– Commercial, Corporate / M&A (Tier 2)
– Dispute resolution (Tier 2)
– Real estate transactions – investment (Excellent)
– Africa Desk – International arbitration and litigation
– Africa Desk – Corporate / M&A
– Morocco – Business law (Excellent 2)
– Morocco – International arbitration and litigation
– Tunisia – Dispute resolution
- Le Point: Real Estate (5 stars)
- Magazine des affaires: ranked in the Infrastructure Palmarès: Africa
- Trophées du Droit 2021: Gold Trophy in Real Estate operations, transactions and financings