Hélène Cloëz, MRICS, is a partner involved in urban planning and development law
Hélène counsels and litigates on behalf of private operators (promoters, developers, investors) and public authorities in development projects (business estate concessions and implementation procedures), urban planning authorisations (permits, prior declarations, regulations concerning buildings open to the public, local urban planning regulations, commercial urban planning (follow-up and litigation concerning applications of investigation and control agents.
She also assists her clients with issues concerning land ownership, divisions, expropriations, pre-emptions and public domain rights. She supports her clients in urban planning taxation e.g. tax on office creation -, property development tax, etc.
Hélène Cloëz is a member of the board of directors and responsible for a professional group: urban planning and property promotion for the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). She is the author of a number of publications and teaches urban planning law within the framework of the specialist Master’s Degree in Urban Planning and Property Management (MUI) and the Master’s Degree in Property Management offered by the French business school ESSEC.
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- Chartered Surveyor, MRICS
- Best Lawyers in France 2020: ranked individually in the category Public Law
- Legal 500 EMEA 2019: individually ranked (Leading Individual) in the category Administrative & Public Law : Urban planning
- Legal 500 Paris 2019: individually ranked (Leading Individual) in the category Administrative & Public Law : Urban planning
- Legal 500 EMEA 2019: recognized in the category Real Estate (Tier 2)
- Legal 500 EMEA 2019: recognized in the category Administrative & Public Law (Tier 3)
- Legal 500 Paris 2019: recognized in the category Administrative and public law (Tier 3)
- Legal 500 Paris 2019: recognized in the catégorie Real Estate (Tier 2)
- Décideurs 2019: recognized in the categories Town planning and development (Excellent 1), sites and polluted soils (Outstanding) and environment litigation (Excellent)
- Le Point 2019: recognized in the category Real Estate among the best law firms in France
- Law Trophies 2018: silver trophy in the category Urban Planning and Development Law