Raphaël Chantelot is a partner focusing on M&A transactions and corporate law.
Raphaël Chantelot is admitted to the Paris Bar and to the New York Bar, with more than twenty years of experience in the fields of corporate transactions and international business law. Before joining the firm as a partner in 2011, Raphael spent five years in Shanghai working for French firm Gide and, before that, five years in the corporate and M&A department of the Paris office of US firm Cleary Gottlieb.
Based in the corporate and M&A department in Paris, Raphaël advises French and Foreign clients on corporate and financial matters, including cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity and capital market transactions, in deals involving listed and unlisted companies, in Europe and in Asia. He has developed a particular expertise in the fields of energy projects (including renewable energies) and in the healthcare industry.
Raphael received an LL.M. degree from Georgetown University (Washington DC), a master in business law from the Sorbonne University, and he graduated from the Paris Institute for Political Studies (Sciences-Po).
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- Best Lawyers in France: individually ranked in Corporate Law
- Chambers Europe (France): Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market (Band 2)
- Legal 500 EMEA (France): Mergers and acquisitions (Tier 4)
– Mergers & acquisitions: Transactions between €75 & €500 million (Excellent)
– Healthcare, pharmaceuticals & biotech – Capital, joint venture, and corporate transactions
- Magazine des affaires – Infrastructure Awards:
– Greenfield energy
– Brownfield infrastructure
– Greenfield infrastructure
- Option Droit & Affaires:
– Mergers and Acquisitions > 200 M€ (3 stars)
– Capital innovation
– LBOs between €50 million and €300 million
– LBO – Advising management teams
- IFLR1000 (France): Mergers & Acquisitions